AudioStation is not only just an assemblage of some items, but an integrated project where hardware and software have been built to interact at the best.
It includes anything useful in every situation:
- Powerful processor
- Large RAM memory
- 1 or 2 large hard disks
- Main Operative System expressely built and optimized for audio signals processing, based on Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit kernel and compatible with any 64-bit plugin and music software written for Windows 7. With the integration of a 32-bit to 64-bit bridge, 32-bit plugins can be also used, including older versions running on Windows XP.
- AudioStation software Audio and VST Mixer-Host integrated in the operative system.
- Completely independent additional operative environment, to use AudioStation like a traditional computer for word processing, graphics, web or any other, with no risk to the AudioStation audio/musical functionality.
- operative environment for the maintenance of the device, where users can: restore factory defaults; clone installations into the (optional) backup hard disk and vice versa; wipe the file system in case of shocks or free falls
- Audio system with many I/Os and high quality converters
- MIDI system with many I/Os and ultra precise timing
- Optional Live Control remote controller for controlling AudioStation in live performances with no need for monitor, keyboard nor mouse
- Remotely controlled and programmed also from iPad via WiFi (the WiFi signal is generated from AudioStation - no Internet connection or extra hardware needed).
In this way only we could obtain a powerful digital audio portable workstation computer-based, really stable and reliable to be used with no hassle also in live performances.