AudioStation now supports the Wi-Fi MIDI Network protocol.
Thus you can play and control every plug-ins (or DAW software) running on AudioStation using as MIDI controller an iPad/iPhone with a MIDI controller applications that send MIDI messages over a Wi-Fi network using the UDP protocol – such as MIDI Studio APP and the like.
Christian Rigano, keyboardist of Lorenzo Jovanotti, Elisa, Tiziano Ferro, and many other important musicians, has chosen AudioStation X64 to play live with VST instruments and effects, and to play the audio samples used in Lorenzo Jovanotti's songs. See it in Artists' page.
To overcome the limitations of the ASIO driver - which DO NOT allows you to use the audio card with two or more ASIO applications simultaneously - AudioStation has been equipped with Jack Audio Server.
With this capability you can use the AudioStation VST-host together with other software applications, such as Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, Wavelab and many others, sharing the audio I/Os of AudioStation between applications.
Experienced users will also use JackControl (the Jack Audio Server's audio patchbay) to freely route the audio signals between applications.
Come and discover the new AudioStation X64, 3D AudioStation and a New Mysterious Device... at 2012 NAMM Show 2014! Visit us at Hall A & Arena, booth 7410. See you there!
We are glad and proud to annunce the new AudioStation X64, fully 64-bit and with even more interesting features...
Here they are:
- 64-bit embedded-type OS based on the Microsoft Windows 7 kernel, specifically built and optimized for audio signals processing.
- Intel i5 and i7 quad-core CPUs
- Up to 32GB memory
- 64-bit VST host-mixer with 32-bit bridge, 100% compatible with any 64-bit and 32-bit VST plugins on the market.
- Support for any MIDI-USB and Ethernet controllers
- Remotely controlled and programmed also from iPad via WiFi (the WiFi signal is generated from AudioStation - no Internet connection or extra hardware needed).
- Even more functions to control the parameters of the plugins.
- Compatible with any DAW and music software for Windows 7.
Happy new year!
Our starts brilliantly, since after 6 months of hard work we are glad to announce a new version of the AudioStation's software, with lots of interesting new features: multi-in and multi-out, new preload functions and support for USB-MIDI controllers are just some of them.
Here they are:
- Multi-In: it is useful to process audio signals with multichannel plugins (eg. Surround Sound 5.1, 7.1 and similar). With the Multi-In option it is possible to set the audio channels with 6, 8 or 10 audio inputs an equal number of outputs.
- Multiout: it is useful to route to separated outputs signals from multitymbral plug-ins with multiple outputs, for example to process and/or to record separately signals from a drum or others.
- Performance Preload: allow to sets the preload of the Performance and related Patches with a single click.
- Automatic Preload of Next Performance: it is a global setting for automatically preload the next Performance (and all of its Patches), without additional settings.
- Preload on the fly...: while a set up is in use simply indicate a new Performance and preload will start automatically.
- Support for USB-MIDI controllers: allows to connect to AudioStation any MIDI controller-USB or Ethernet.
- MIDI bypass of the VST insert slots: the On/Off status of the VST Insert slots now can be controlled also via MIDI.
- AND function for the MIDI control of the plugin's parameters: allows to define a complex set of changes for adlusting the parameters of plugins via MIDI.
- Toggle function for the MIDI control of the plugin's parameters: it changes the On/off behaviour of buttons, foot switches and notes from temporary to permanent, allowing to perform On status or Off status alternately each time they are pressed.
- Note Toggle: it changes the behaviour On/Off of the keys from temporary to permanent, allowing to perform Note On or Note Off alternately each time the keys are pressed.
- Linear Knob: allows to adjust the knobs by dragging the mouse vertically (instead of the circular motion).
- Tempo adjustment with LiveControl: the Tempo now can be adjusted even with LiveControl.
- Editable plugins list: the list of plugins is now contained in a file easily editable.
New features introduced with the previous update:
- VST3 Support: allows to use even the new VST3 plugins.
- Save All: it is useful to save the Performance and every channel Patch with a single command and with the same name and memory number..
- Continuous MIDI Clock: allows to send MIDI Clock signal without having to start the playback of audio player.
Come and try AudioStation yourself, at 2012 Musik Messe! Visit us at Hall 5, booth D54.
Not even the Festival di Sanremo has resisted the “charm” of AudioStation ... To play live the sounds used from the performing musicians in the discs, the keyboardist of the orchestra of the most important Italian music event have chosen AudioStation: they'll simply install their favorites plugins and that's it!
Thanks to the new release which integrates the VST3 standard, AudioStation also supports new plugins based on this new protocol, with advanced features and less CPU load. And in addition: Save All saves snapshots of the whole consolle with a single click only, and Continuous MIDI Clock keeps any MIDI device always in sync.
Once turned it on, it took few minutes to Sir Bob Rifo, Bloody Beetrots's leader, to state that AudioStation is really what he needs to carry live sounds and VST effects they use in studio and to easily create the elaborate setups for their live tour.
After two further years of developement and test since the launch of the first and already perfectly functioning version of AudioStation - which have been released in one hundred units only, delivered exclusively to endorsers and beta testers - here is the final release for the market of what can be definetely called the ultimate VST Player!